Monday, October 5, 2026

October Inspiration Station Blog Hop Challenge


Hi crafty friends! Can you believe another crafty month has passed already?? And look at this fun little guy in our inspiration photo for the month. I feel him. lol! To check out the Inspiration Station Blog and join the hop challenge, click the link below:


Here's my take on this month's inspiration photo. I have been loving the 5"x7" pop-up card design by Sam Calcott (click her name to check out the tutorial).  So, I started of course with picking out colors that corresponded to the inspiration photo.


For the center pop-out of this card, I chose the best pumpkin from a 12"x12" sheet of scrapbook paper from my stash and cut around it to fit.


After cutting the card pieces, choosing the layers and assembling the card, I am loving the color combinations I chose.


 

I picked up this season's cardstock releases from Michael's Store brand. One of the cut apart sheets had the perfect sentiment!



Next, I needed a pumpkin patch. Brought out my Stampin' Up! inks and their color coordinated cardstocks.


And also my retired Stampin' Up! pumpkin stamp and die sets. And a good ol' trusty old wood block red rubber stamp.


I made a lot of pumpkins. Wasn't sure how many I would need for this card, but I know they will not go to waste! Pro tip: always cut more embellishments than you may need :)


Gluing the pumpkins to the layer with glitter on it was tricky as the glue did not want to adhere. When this happens, I use plastic covered paper clips to hold things while they dry.


For the kitty, I used my new stamp for the season: "Wicked Whiskers" from Brutus Monroe. I stamped him in a light grey ink and colored him in with colored pencils.


For added fun I pulled out my stash of fall die-cut leaves.


I just love how this project turned out! I hope you do too! Don't forget to head over to the Inspiration Station blog and follow the hop and join the challenge! If you try any of my tips and tricks or just this project in general, tag me on social media @scrappystampthefunup. I'd love to see your work! See you next month!

























No comments:

Post a Comment