Wednesday, October 3, 2012

whoah, that time of the year already?!?!

Well, here I am flocking my stamped black kitties and all I can think  about is this year's holiday cards.....

Just got a new heat tool:  "Martha Stewart's heatingtool",  $24.99 at Michael's....I rarely payfull price for any scrapbooking tool or doo-da...ugh...so this sucked a bit.   But, I have to say I like it.  I wore my last on out in six months lol.  A friend of mine has had hers for 10 years.  Hey, I don't mess around man!   I'm working on mini Halloween greeting cards.   The front of the  card is going to have a black ob black embossed spiderweb.  I mix flat black embossing powder with "marcasite" by "Stampendous!"   It's a sparkly silver powder.  I'd say it's about five parts black to twoparts marcasite.  mix it in a container so you can spoon it out onto the embossing ink.   As for the web, I have not liked any web stamps I have seen and can't justify paying $8 for one when i can use an embossing pen and draw my own.    I'm using paper by Graphic 45 with vintage Halloween details you can cut apart to make your own doo-das.   I'm mimicking the spiderweb design on th paper.

Ok, so that did NOT work, lol.   The black cardstock absorbed the ink from the embossing pen so well, there is no way you'd be able to finish even a portion of the design without the ink drying up to quick.  Argh.....well, I have been saving, for just this occasion, stamp making maerial.  you use your cricut machine to cut out designs on this matrial so you can make your own cling stamps.  Rock my freak on!!!    Gotta go rent a halloween cartridge.  I will keep you posted peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment